Welcome to Palisades Beautiful’s website!
Pacific Palisades, an upscale community in the Westside of Los Angeles, is a highly favored place to live, since it’s right next to the coast and nestled against the Santa Monica Mountains. It’s also much admired because of its gorgeous collection of trees—many thousands of them. These wide-spreading green and living canopies provide shade on hot days, clean the air, convert carbon dioxide into oxygen, reduce noise, give shelter to birds, attract beneficial insects, and raise both property values and our spirits.
For over 40 years now, Palisades Beautiful has been planting many hundreds of those trees along neighborhood streets. That was our initial mission, but nowadays we’re doing much more.
Our nonprofit organization takes an active role in sponsoring various programs that further beautify Pacific Palisades as well as contribute in other ways to its wellbeing. Currently, these are our main activities:
- We initiate and participate in planning efforts to improve the appearance, accessibility, and functionality of the Palisades’ commercial and residential areas.
- We continue planting trees in parkways—the area between curb and sidewalk—to make streets more attractive and to benefit the community’s residents.
- We offer public events to encourage and inform people about actions and changes that will advance both household and environmental sustainability.
- We solicit volunteers and provide resources to help maintain a large educational native plant garden and xeriscape area within a prominent public park.
- We support a new garden program that we launched in a small local high school with at-risk students.
We welcome other community activists who can assist us in one or more of these efforts—or might initiate new ones in accord with our wide range of interests and concerns. (See Events, Get Involved, and Donate.)
Palisades Beautiful was founded as a nonprofit community organization in 1974. Its only mission at that time was to plant parkway trees, but later it did other plantings as well. In recent years, it has greatly expanded its community-serving commitments.
To find out more about the ongoing activities listed above as well as our accomplishments over time, please click on our navigational menu items at the top of the page.
WaterWise Living & Gardening Workshop
September 20, 2015 1:00-5:30 pm
This program is offered free to the public and will include rain barrel distribution to people who have signed up to purchase them. Since much of the information given will be about ways to conserve water use in gardens and landscapes, the program is co-sponsored by the Pacific Palisades Garden Club.
Join us for informative presentations on WaterWise Living & Gardening:
Great resources, good ideas, discussion, Q & A, healthy refreshments and an opportunity to purchase rain barrels, because… Every Drop Counts!
Reserve your rain barrel with Rain Barrels International and guarantee your rain barrel pickup on the day of the event (maximum 4 rain barrels per family).
Rebates are available for MWD and LADWP customers.
For more information and to RSVP and reserve your rain barrels, see: WaterWise Living & Gardening Workshop
Pacific Palisades Woman’s Club
901 Haverford Avenue
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272